New to laptops

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 00:48:53 UTC 2007

I have had a few years of experience installing various flavors of Linux on
desktops (currentlly kubuntu dapper) but wanted to do a laptop installation
on a Dell 6400 Inspiron DualCore.  I seem to recall reading of a lot of
problems with laptops but do not know the current difficulty level,
espectially with 'feisty fawn.'

I would appreciate comments on
A. is the Inspiron is a reasonable choice,
B. is feisty fawn too leading edge and better to step back a level?

Many thanks.

PS: If I have reason able success with the laptop, I will rebuild the dapper
system as it is beginning to show its age.
-- Havelock Ellis (1859-1939)  British psychologist