unmounting removable disk took a long times

Anom adeanom at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 18:31:41 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm using kubuntu 7.04 now. But I have a little problem which is
irritating for me.

When I unmount any removable media like flash disk, MMC, etc. It took
a long time. sometime it itook more than a minute or two to unmount
the drive.

This is usually happen after I copy file to/from the drive. But if I
didn't do anything or if I give sometime after copying to/from the
drive before unmounting it, the problem doesn't occur.

It's as if something checking throung the drive first before unmounting it...

any idea?