MS does not own Quickbooks

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Sat Jun 16 21:14:04 UTC 2007

On Saturday 16 June 2007 10:31:24 Tim M wrote:
> Matt:
> > A moment here.
> > Being a relative newbie to Linux and Kubuntu, perhaps I don't have
> > enough experience yet.
> > However: I use Quickbooks Pro 2006.  It does NOT work under Wine.
> > I have tried everything I can, but the incompatibilities are too many.
> > Insurmountable for this newbie.
> > It is far easier to just keep a Windows partition on your box and run it
> > under Windows.
> > This "solution", while unpalatable, is the only one I have been able to
> > discover so far that works.
> >
> > Intuit (makers of Quicken and QuickBooks) informed me recently that they
> > have NO INTENTION
> > of coming out with a version for Linux.  (Intuit is owned by Microsoft,
> > so there you have the reason.)

<snip>

WHen did MS buy Intuit?  I thought the DoJ blocked that merger? (See
http://www.lectlaw.com/files/ant08.htm)  No where on the website, do I see
mention of this ownership (http://www.intuit.com/about_intuit/profile/) or
(http://www.intuit.com/legal/) or
(http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0000896878)

Am I looking incorrectly?  Or is the problem the Google search for "Who owns
Intuit" comes up with web pages from 1994 in regards to the purchase?