speech to text: vmware

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jun 16 17:31:04 UTC 2007

On Saturday 16 June 2007, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
>On Saturday 16 June 2007, Dexter Filmore wrote:
>> Looks like you can print that on a tshirt.
>> My very first thought here was "install vmware and win xp and slam Dragon
>> on it".
>
>In my case, this ended up being what drove him back to Windows entirely, so
> he could run Dragon, which proved to be huge waste of time.  He was never
> happy with it.
>
>That was OK though.  I was glad to get him off of Linux, to be honest about
>it.  I have gotten almost everyone back off of Linux by now.  Just one more
>to go, I think.  Let Microsoft deal with their stupid questions, or their
>network of fellow stupid Windows users.  All these little ordinary
>non-computer-geeky nitwit types live in little community herds whose
>activities are driven by the tides of pop online culture, and anything that
>doesn't fit neatly into that culture is an infinite source of
>problems.  "Kyra said she wants me to get on Blimmlewitz.com, and it says I
>need the Blatherdink plugin, but I don't see a Blatherdink plugin for Linux?
>Blatherdink just came out 15 minutes ago, but everyone is using it now, and
>Linux is totally useless to me without it.  I can't live without
> Blatherdink! COME OVER AND INSTALL BLATHERDINK RIGHT NOW OR I'M GOING BACK
> TO WINDOWS"
>
>ARGH!!!!!!!!!!
>
>I guess I'm losing my religion.  The more of this crap I've suffered over
> the years, the more grateful I've been when they finally DID go back to
> Windows, to become somebody else's problem.  Then they can take care of
> each other, and somebody else can walk them through the process of getting
> their computers infected up with every strain of malware imaginable, in the
> eternal persuit of better and better emoticons.  "To install this really
> cute picture, you have to re-enable ActiveX controls.  You want to
> re-enable ActiveX controls, don't you?  That's a good girl."
>
>ARGH!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Sorry, I'm in a ranty sort of mood this morning, and I'm really grumpy
> today. Bah humbug.  <shakes fist>
>--
>D. Michael McIntyre

Here's another, standing beside you and waving fists at these types.  I
learned long ago that anyone who wants to learn, I will help, but the instant
they say can I run so-and-so on it, and won't even consider a linux
lookalike, I back off.  They do not want to learn & probably never will put
forth the effort, but they'll put up with endless bsod's, printers that don't
work and have to be returned, kvm switches that crash their boxes, etc etc.
To me that's an equal effort on their part, or worse, to put up with the
bullshit windows puts its customers through, but the sheeple are well trained
to think that is how it's supposed to be.

We can and should, do without these types wasting our collective time & worse
yet, patience.  And that is something I've never had an endless supply of.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)