speech to text -- I am tired of looking

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Fri Jun 15 23:54:24 UTC 2007

On Friday 15 June 2007, Jeremy Anderson wrote:

> O.k.  Does anyone have any place to point me to a packaged, working, not
> too difficult to set up speech to text software for kubuntu/linux.  I feel
> like I am chasing my tail looking on the net.  It would be helpful if this
> is something that you yourself are currently using or trying out.

I can help you stop looking.  My old boss went on this quest, and I spent a
great deal of time trying to make it happen for him.

Long story short, quit now, spare yourself a bunch of wasted time.  All I
found were half hopes and vague maybes that never remotely amounted to
anything at all.
--
D. Michael McIntyre