To Kubuntu, or not to Kubuntu? That is the question!

Jordi Ferrando Fabra jferrando at netplc.com
Fri Jun 15 16:08:17 UTC 2007

I can't scan documents with my HP scanjet 7400c with ADF. At least not
without hanging up "kooka" every 5 seconds and causing the scanner belts
to make noises and internal damages ... I use it from VMware and
Windows2000. Wine does not support the scanner software, so I "live"
with Windows some times. I don't like rebooting every time.

I also feel wine very annoying when handling "window focus" in KDE. I
run codeweavers 6.1 pro wine, but I do not have the same experience as
with native Windows. If I open a child window from a form, them open
another window, then close the second window, the focus does not go back
to the previous window. This is very annoying. I suppose this is because
wine uses plain X libraries, It could be much better if it used kde
libraries, but it does not.