Linux databases

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdev.vispa.com
Fri Jun 15 15:37:44 UTC 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:40:51 -0500
manchicken <manchicken at notsosoft.net> wrote:

> I find that postgres with OOo Base works quite nicely.  I believe knoda works
> well with postgres as well.  I prefer PostgreSQL to MySQL for pretty much
> everything.  It's a more fully featured database with stored procedure
> support in various language including PL/pgSQL which is similar to PL/SQL.
> PostgreSQL also supports multiple schemas which can interact with one
> another.

Back in my Mandrake days I tried out Postgresql. I found it quite
complicated to get it started, all the messing about with something
called postmaster. I don't know why databases have to be so complicated
in Linux. Anyway, I do not have Postgresql set up on my computer, but I
do have mysql running quite happily, so I will stay with that for the
moment.

Meanwhile, I am very impressed with knoda. And yes, Postgresql is one
of the databases in the list of supported ones.

Neil