To Kubuntu, or not to Kubuntu? That is the question!

Jordi Ferrando Fabra jferrando at netplc.com
Fri Jun 15 11:06:24 UTC 2007

Hi,
In my experience, you will not be able to live without your windows...
Unless you have some 1.5+ Gigs of RAM and install and VMWare'd copy of
Windows ...
In this case, you can "survive", and gradually get rid of the "bad
windows habbits and applications".

Installing wmware is not very difficult, this is a tutorial:

http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu_vmware_server

And this is a "patch" when installing wmware in kubuntu feisty

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=383695&page=2&highlight=vmware+feisty+tar+compile

Nevertheless, my personal experience, being with Linux in servers and
desktop for over 3 years now, it is worth the time... freedom,
powerfulness, lack of viruses, statibility, money when deploying in
customers, ...

Good luck