installing Kubuntu 7 with other fedora distro

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Fri Jun 15 02:47:44 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007, hicham wrote:
> hard disk, i thought  I could share my fedora share swap partition
> along with kubuntu
> had anybody done this ? without any problems

Yes.  Multiple distros can share the same swap partition, no problem.

> to just no mix things , I've created a kubuntu swap partition, but the
> kubuntu installer considers fedora swap partition as well as a swap
> partition to use
> how do i make the kubuntu installer ignore fedora swap partition

It's possible (I'd have to think about exactly how), but I probably just
wouldn't worry about it.  You can run more than one swap partition, no
problem.  If you're a real tweaker, there are probably efficiency losses from
having two swap partitions on the same drive, causing the heads to move
inefficiently, but in the real world, you're not likely to notice any
perceptible effect.  If you can reclaim the second swap partition for some
other purpose, then go ahead and do that.  If not, I'd just use both of them,
since they're there.
--
D. Michael McIntyre