Python version

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdev.vispa.com
Wed Jun 13 17:25:12 UTC 2007

I have a genealogical program Gramps. Fine, but when I tried to upgrade
to the latest version it complained that I needed to have python version
2.5 and I only have version 2.4 and it would not install properly.

I have looked in /usr/bin and I in fact have three executable files
python2.4 and python2.5 and just plain python. They will all start and
seem to work fine. If I just type 'python' in a terminal screen I get
version 2.4 if I type python2.5 I get version 2.5. It seems that I have
both versions set up. I don't know how that happened.

How can I get Gramps to recognise that I have the required version? And
how do I get the command 'python' to bring up the 2.5 version? Can
anyone help please?

Neil Winchurst