Skype telephone giveaway- but not for Linux users

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Wed Jun 13 16:48:04 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007, manchicken wrote:
> > Just where is the flaw in my argument??     You are free to write your
> > own NVidia driver... just as someone already has.   Just don't expect
> > NVidia to give you all the details of their PROPRIETARY hardware.
>
> No, they don't have the right to keep them proprietary.  Where does it say
> they have such a right?  Certainly not the US constitution.  Certainly not
> the Bible.  Could you cite one document other than laws that states that
> people should have the right to give or sell you something, and then use it
> to control you?

Whew....  this will be my last post to manchicken.

I believe the rights NVidia or anyone else has is that they OWN the design
because they spent the time and the money to DEVELOP that design.  And they
want to be paid for it and to profit from their efforts, just like anyone
else.  And there are a multitude of laws which say they don't have to give it
away even when you pay money for it.

What you're saying is that if you buy a $50 video card, that you should
receive all of the schematics and information about that card so you can play
with it as you please....      and within two weeks of that being the case,
there would be copies of that card being sold all over the world.

You have a very unique view of the capitalistic scheme of things.