Skype telephone giveaway- but not for Linux users

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 20:26:01 UTC 2007

On 12/06/07, manchicken <manchicken at notsosoft.net> wrote:
> Then I don't think we should be very thankful for it.  Instead maybe we should
> try to use the other free telephony services out there that are accessible
> via free software.

Why not? You don't expect every company in the world to embrace open
source as an ideal, do you? VOIP is a very competitive business, and
these companies are not going to do free development for their
competition. I'm happy that we are not ignored. Not all Linux users
are idealists. Some use it because it's actually the best OS available
today, for any price. Yes, I could have gotten a MacBook for the price
of this Inspiron, and I have a legal, paid-for version of Vista.
Despite that, I use KDE on GNU/Linux because I love it. It's secure,
configurable, and resource-efficient. No ideals there.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/webpage.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/417/queensryche.html