K3b & MAD (MP3)

Greg Booth gwbooth at excite.com
Tue Jun 12 13:03:45 UTC 2007

> Untested, but I remember people answering this. Install libk3b2-mp3  Not
> sure why a wrapper can't be uninstalled by default (using a standard
> package for the actual codec ), but there you go.

MP3 format is copyrighted there for many distributions make you
install those codecs as that then places the burden of guilt on YOU
for installing copyrighted material instead of them for including
copyrighted material.

Like Nigel said though, it would be nice if it just SAID to install
libk3b2-mp3. I suppose K3B is just covering their butt though.

Greg