Linux databases

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdev.vispa.com
Mon Jun 11 16:21:37 UTC 2007

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:26:51 -0400
"Robert Menes" <viewtiful.icchan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> Have you tried OpenOffice.org yet? It's a complete open source office suite
> for Linux
> (and other platforms), and it has a component called OpenOffice.org Base,
> which is
> pretty much a Microsoft Access equivalent which works very nicely.
>
> OpenOffice.org is part of the official Kubuntu package repository, so
> install it and give it
> a shot. If not, try searching on Google for a few other programs.
>
> Rob

Yes, I have used OO quite a lot. I have indeed tried the database and
in my opinion it is an absolute mess. As I said, I have created many
databases in the past and I think that I understand them quite well. I
have completely failed to get anywhere with Base. Perhaps its me, but
if so it is my very first failure. I have worked with databases of all
sorts in the past, right from the days of DOS. My version of OO is
2.0.4. Anyway, I have completely given up on Base.

Neil