Linux databases

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdev.vispa.com
Mon Jun 11 15:16:58 UTC 2007

In the old days using Windows I used to create databases for small
companies, usually using Borland Paradox. This program worked very well
for me. When I moved over to Linux some 6 years ago the one thing that
was missing for me was the equivalent to Paradox (or even Access).

I have looked around a bit recently, and the situation seems to be a
little better. At the moment I am looking at Kexi, but that is still at
an early stage of development.

Does anyone out there have any recommendations or comments? For the
moment I could do with a simple flat-file database which gives me some
good facilities to control the output for printing. Relational databases
can come later.

I did ask this question about five years ago (not to this group) so I
would be interested to see what has changed/improved if anything.

Thanks

Neil Winchurst