Master volume

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 02:21:50 UTC 2007

On Saturday 09 June 2007 11:28:13 am damian wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Most things are working fine in my Kubuntu set up, but it all seems very
> quiet when I plug it into my amp. If all other devices plugged into the
> amp tend to be played at volume 2 or 3, Kubuntu needs to be set at 6 or
> 7. This is obviously a pain when switching between things.
>
> Is there a way of increasing the master volume more than the general 100%?
>
> Damian

Look for the level of the "PCM" part.  I have an HD audio and I had to make
that channel the "master" because it also has a "LFE" channel that was not
controlled by the normal "Master"  Once I turned, "Master" and "LFE" to the
max I could use the PCM to control the volume.  The only problem I have is
now I can't "mute" the sound.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.