Video

WJ Seidl wjsvt at sover.net
Sun Jun 10 01:09:47 UTC 2007

Subject:
Video
From:
Stew Schneider <stew.schneider at gmail.com>
Date:
Sat, 09 Jun 2007 18:42:10 -0400
To:

This is certainly not a big thing, but it is annoying. My LCD is
connected via KVM to two boxes: one running Kubuntu 7.04, the other
running XP. Both are set to 1280x1024/75 resolution.

However, when I switch from Linux to Windows, the display area is offset
about quarter inch to my left. I have to push Autoadjust to center the
screen. When I go back to Linux, I'm about a quarter inch to my right,
and, again, I have to punch autoadjust.

Anybody know how to fix this? I don't have any idea where Windows stores
it's information about the screen.

stew

Stew:

In XP:  Start>Control Panel> Display.
Go to the furthest tab to the right in the window that appears "settings"
and the monitor information and adjustments should be there.

Check to see if your monitor has a menu item that will let it
automatically adjust without having to push the button.
HTH
WJ Seidl