kdesu and 'edit as root'

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jun 9 17:57:07 UTC 2007

On Saturday 09 June 2007, Derek Broughton wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Join the crowd they ignore Andy.  I tried that a month ago and got no
>> reply.
>
>The difference is that Andy asks reasonably respectful questions.
>--
>derek

I did the first time, even admitted my own stupidity, Derek.  No reply there
either.  So I usually cobble up something that works.  But the lack of a
reply the last time caused me to have to dl the dvd of 6.06 and reinstall.
And the problem is not now a problem.  Diff?  I have NDI.  Had I been a
working, rather than a hobbiest user of the software that needs that
particular distro, the failure would have put the cash cow out of business,
which is not a Good Thing.  But my cnc milling machine is hobby only, so a
little lost time was only an aggravation, not a loss of income.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)