No sound cmedia6501 excluding amarok and kaffeine

Eric Jackson ejazzkatt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 12:46:21 UTC 2007

On 6/9/07, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some more information would be good. What computer? What sound card? Which
> Ubuntu are you using?
> Douglas
>
> On 6/8/07, Wulfy < wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Ivan Garcia wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi:
> > >
> > > I have no sound in my kubuntu feisty fawn. I have installed all
> > > possible codecs and nothing results.
> > >
> > > I can't hear nothing in vlc, mplayer, songbird, flash movies of
> > > firefox or konqueror...
> > >
> > I had the same problem.  Only Kaffeine had sound.  No Notifications, no
> > flash sound, no BBC Radio 3...
> >
> > I "fixed" it by choosing "OSS" instead of "ALSA" in the audio configs.
> > I tried all the ones in the list: alsa, artsd, esd, jack and oss and
> > only oss worked.  I have no idea why.  Even now, I can't play certain
> > trailers on the Tiscali site.
> > > When sometimes kaffeine doesn't work I can't hear a simple movie.
> > That used to happen to me in Edgy.  Sound would crash with an error.
> > Sometimes needed 3 or 4 tries to get it to work.  I haven't had that
> > problem with Feisty, though.
> > > Some can help me?
> > >
> > > Excuse me for my very poor english, I'm from Spain.
> > > Thanks all.
> > >

> > --
> > Blessings
> >
> > Wulfmann
> >
> > Wulf Credo:
> > Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack.
> > Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.
> > Share your affections. Voice your opinion. Leave your Mark.
> >
> > --

> Ein Leben ohne Mops ist möglich,
> doch völlig sinnlos.
> -Loriot
> -

Did you check your mixer? I had sound problems, too. I have both Alsa Mixer
Gui and Kmix installed. I loaded Alsa Mixer first and I just tried moving
every slider. It didn't make any difference. No sound. Then I loaded Kmix
and again I tried all the sliders. I can't remember which slider it was but
the problem with no sound for me was that one of the sliders was down in
Kmix.

Eric