Xorg hanging problems

Brett A. Taylor brett at realbt.com
Thu Jun 7 02:47:14 UTC 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 11:54:38 am Douglas Phillipson wrote:
> I've had problems with Xorg hanging and traced it to the font lines in
> Xorg.conf.  Check to see that the font directories listed there actually
> exist.  Once I resolved the font issue it stopped hanging completely.
> It would hang from OpenOffice just by pulling down a menu.

Interesting. I'm not sure this is causing the problem that we're experiencing.
I'm using the standard template for xorg.conf as generated by dpkg. In
particular, X doesn't hang when we perform a specific action.

I suppose we ought to try it though anyway. I'm curious as to what difference
it would make and why there would be font paths there listed when they aren't
installed.

Brett