XP in VirtualBox in Feisty

Seakat seakat at orange.fr
Tue Jun 5 13:34:11 UTC 2007

I'm using VirtualBox in Ubuntu Feisty to run Win XP with Service Pack 2,
and I'm reasonably satisfied with it.

In the standard way, I have configured VirtualBox to recognise real
partitions using the NAT protocol (as well as a couple of USB drives).
Windows then recognises these partitions accessed through NAT as local
drives (even one in ext format!), and it will read from and write to
them for a while. However, when I do intensive work with reading,
writing, or copying, after a few seconds to a few minutes, Windows
inevitably crashes, and I get a Microsoft blue window, which you can see
at http://assoc.orange.fr/acro/VirtualBox/Win_XP.jpg.

It's in French, because my Win XP is a French version, while my
VirtualBox and Linux Ubuntu are in en_US.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to get around it (apart
from copying dossiers via a USB drive)? I've configured VirtualBox with
the default base memory size 196 MB, video memory size 8 MB and Hard
disks: Primary master XP.vdi (/home/ian/.VirtualBox/VDI of 9.77 GB)