SCIM and openoffice don't work

Larry Hartman larryhartman50 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 4 23:05:45 UTC 2007

I jsut went through two hours of troubleshooting as to why my Open Office
install freezes when anything opens.

Good news.....well it didn't reduce my auto insurance premiums....good news is
that I was able to successfully find the culprit--SCIM.  I installed a
language-support-xx package that loaded the SCIM modules.  I discovered the
issue by opening OO via a terminal prompt and watching the output.  I do not
believe I lost any language support in OO by removing all of the offending
packages.

I guess this means I graduated to a new level of linux know-how....maybe I am
at version 0.1.2 from 0.1.1.   I think I will celebrate by taking a break
from the 'puter.

Larry