Looking for a USB video adapter compatible with Kubuntu and XawTV

Larry Hartman larryhartman50 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 3 18:48:58 UTC 2007

I can recommend a company but the specific product I have does not have USB.
The company is ADS Tech.

The product I have is PYRO A/V Link.  It is a separately powered box that has
S-Video, RCAVideo, L/R Audio and 4-pin DV ins, and 1394 Firewire, L/R Audio,
RCAVideo, S-Video, RCA Component Video outs.  It accepts digital and analog
signals.  I bought it for video capture between my Sony Handycam and my
laptop using Pinnacle in MS Win XP; however, KINO picks up the signal via the
firewire just as easily.  The product can be used as a capture device, a pass
through device, or capture/pass through device.  This product works really
good, but is a little pricey.  I do not know if ADS Tech sells USB compatible
gear.

At one time I purchased a similar device from svideo.com and was
disappointed--the signal kept getting cut off and the device had to be
restarted.  svideo.com also sells specialized audio/video adapter cables.
These work better much better than their devices.  I have a s-video, L/R
Audio to RCA Video, L/RAudio cable that goes between my Laptop and TV, for
using the TV as dual monitor.  This cable was about $30.

Hope this helps.

Larry