lirc and HP dv8000 remote

Larry Hartman larryhartman50 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 2 19:06:00 UTC 2007

I've been trudging through Google and ubuntu forums looking for a solution as
to why my remote control isn't getting recognized by linux.

I am aware of persons with similar models having immediate success on loading
Ubuntu out-of-the-box, but suspect they are using Intel based machines.
Other than the fact that I am using the AMD Turion/ATI chipset I cannot
provide any more details on what my remote hardware looks like.  The remote
receiver is built in to the main board I suspect.

I have not been able to find any program that traps the signal, although when
I press a button the harddrive light registers activity.

I working with a fresh install of Feisty