Kontact vs Kmail startup problem.

SILVA Luis lacsilva at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 08:45:21 UTC 2007

On Friday 01 June 2007 10:29, Donn wrote:
> > Does anyone know anything about this?
>
> I can't give specific help, but can say that I had similar woes and in the
> end I decided to close 'kontact', save the session (K->Save Session), and
> then run kmail and akregator as separate apps (e.g.: Alt-F2, kmail, enter)
> and then saved the session again. All has been fine since then.
>
> /d
I am having the same problem but I guess I know the reason. I am using a
disconnected IMAP server for both e-mail and contacts. It also happens that I
am using khalki. This means that a request for the addresses is issued before
kontact is started. So kmail is started instead as it is the manager of all
IMAP transactions.

I am sorry but I don't have a solution to this. I guess the new akonadi
framework will solve this issue.