Kontact vs Kmail startup problem.

Peter Lewis prlewis at letterboxes.org
Fri Jun 1 08:18:35 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm a big user of Kontact (for mail, calendar, contacts etc), and usually keep
it running in the system tray all the time.

I'm experiencing some annoyances when starting up though. Assuming it was
running in the system tray when I logged off, it gets saved to the session
and then restored when I log in next time, just like everything else. But,
the session manager or Kontact seems to be getting confused about whether it
was Kontact or Kmail which was running. Often, I end up with both a Kontact
window which is basically just an empty container (nothing is running in it),
and a separate Kmail window (detached from Kontact). The only way to get back
to a proper embedded Kmail in Kontact is to close both and re-start Kontact.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Cheers!

Pete.