installing flash and real player

Edmund Laugasson ed.lau at mail.ee
Fri Jul 27 10:09:37 UTC 2007

>> And if you're looking for "Shockwave", then you're stuck, as there isn't
>> a Linux version.
> Huh?  Sure there is, its installed and running just fine here, get it from the
> adobe site.

Well - where? Adobe's site is here - http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/ - and there
is no Shockwave Player for Linux - only Windows and MacOS versions are available...

There is also one tutorial for Ubuntu to get Shockwave to work -
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Shockwave

There will be Windows version of Firefox installed and after also Windows version of Shockwave Player

Also I have MS Internet Explorer over Wine working at Ubuntu Linux - http://www.tatanka.com.br/
Unfortunately there is no package for Ubuntu like Picasa over Wine for Linux is
(http://picasa.google.com/linux/download.html).

Correct me if I'm wrong... I would be happy if there's working port of Shockwave Player for Linux...