Automatix

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Tue Jul 24 17:34:06 UTC 2007

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> My thread about 32 bit v 64 bit versions of kubuntu brought forth some
> interesting and varied replies. I think that I may give it a go when I
> get the DVDs.
>
> Meanwhile, the topic of automatix has come up several times in the
> thread. Dare I ask for comments about that? I am not very sure what it
> does yet, but it seems that it is a program that will help with the 64
> bit version.
>
> Incidentally it seems that Acroread is not very happy with 64 bit
> computing. Well, I am quite happy to use kpdf instead, so that is not a
> problem. But what about flash?
>
> But, first and foremost, any advice about automatix anyone???
>
> Neil Winchurst

Acroread:
I was running Kubuntu AMD64 but found that kpdf wouldn't print my Scribus created
.pdf's in landscape format :-( No matter what I tried they always were printed in
'Portrait' - so I had to install Acroread - so now I'm on a 32 bit system and
don't notice any speed difference (that is *I* don't notice any) YMMV.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries