kubuntu without internet???

Naja Melan najamelan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 09:40:15 UTC 2007

hi,

Im trying to learn how to get individual packages and intall them since i
have no internet.

i wanted to get the ntfs-3g driver, since i have mostly ntfs drives and
there doesn't seem to be a x64 ext driver for windows. I know there is
already an ntfs driver in kubuntu, but i don't seem to find out if it is
this one, and reading on the net it looks like this is the safest one not to
fuck my drives...

I found this page: http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/otherosfs/ntfs-3g

I started to download, and then saw the dependencies. It looks like i also
need the packages it depends on. So far no problem; except, wait a minute:
fuse-utils depends on another 6 packages itself, and the first one of them
depends on another 3, of which the first one again depends on 2, the first
of this again on 5....

Well, that is already 16 and we are just getting started. I am stopping to
download now, because im losing count. Is there a feasable way for normal
human beings to install software, or at least download all these
dependencies at once?

How do other people do this?

greets
naja