Kubuntu Amd64

Gianluca Cerminara gianluca.cerminara at cern.ch
Tue Jul 24 00:08:10 UTC 2007

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I see that Feisty is available as a version for AMD64 bit. Has anyone
> any experience with this please? Any advice gratefully received.
>
> Neil Winchurst

I disagree with most of the previous comments: I'm working with 64 bit
version of feisty on my core 2 duo and I'm quite happy.

The limit are indeed the plugins for firefox but you can EASILY install
the 32bit of the browser and everything will work.

Consider that the speed of the browser is clearly not determined by the
fact that it is compiled for 32 or 64 bits...but this may be the case of
most of the other applications.
Feel free to ask more detailed info!
Try to get the best from your architecture...

Ciao