Vodafone pc card. Please help!

Mario Gianni mario.gianni at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 14:09:57 UTC 2007

Guys

Just to let you know. I was able to configure kppp. It's much nicer that
wvdial. It provides for example details on the connections with logs so that
you know how much traffic you have done with your card (e.g. I have 600mb
included every 2 months).

It's very easy. Just open kppp and create a new modem selecting
/dev/ttyUSB0. Then click on configure modem and put the 2 init strings above
(you can only put 2 init strings so I have condensed the above in 2
strings):

Init1 = ATZE0V1&D2&C1S0=0+IFC=2,2
Init2 =AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","web.omnitel.it";

You need to select None as flow control otherwise modem won't be detected.
Then if you query the modem you'll be able to see it.

At the end just create an account called Vodafone to put the phone number
(*99***1#) and username/pwd.

Thanks a lot for your help guys.
Mario