Thank you for your "Help"!!

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 18:00:56 UTC 2007

On Sunday 22 July 2007 11:06:40 am Derek Broughton wrote:
> Edward Meeker wrote:
> > To ad to this discussion. both the Kubuntu and
> > Ubuntu web sites have stated that this is an effort to get Linux to the
> > people. The attitude expressed in the suggestion that there should be
> > little time taken with those who are beginning is an
> > obvious contradiction.
>
> If that's what you read, you need to go back and read it again.  I gave the
> OP advice on how to fix his problem, when he then suggested that perhaps we
> should all be more detailed in our responses I told him why I didn't think
> that would work.  Nobody, certainly not me, said that little time or effort
> should be offered to newbies. I certainly _did_ say that he should expect
> to make some effort to help himself.  People who can't make an attempt to
> quote properly (and resent being asked to - and we weren't even getting to
> the top-post/bottom-post debate), who won't google to see what "lspci"
> might mean, and then throw a snit when you won't bend over backwards for
> them aren't likely to get much help
>
> I put hours every day into helping people on these groups, and I resent the
> statements from more than one person who hasn't done nearly as much that I
> am not doing enough.
> --
> derek

Before this gets any further, I want to say thanks.

Derek, I like some others, are with you, and why they rant even started in the
first place is beyond me.  I didn't think you did all that bad a job.  I
think the problem stemmed from his frustration at not knowing more, some of
which I can understand, I've been there myself.

Just keep up the good work, there are those who appreciate your efforts.  I
don't have the time to help here as much as I'd like, Working Full time and
Pastoring a small Church.

Ian and Macario, and whoever else is over reacting:
Chill out.  You are NOT paying for the help you are getting, so quit acting
like it.
To all the rest, The goal of Cannonical, and Ubuntu, and Kubuntu itself MAY be
to gain market share, but many of us who use it could care less.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.