Thank you for your "Help"!!

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun Jul 22 16:06:40 UTC 2007

Edward Meeker wrote:

> To ad to this discussion. both the Kubuntu and
> Ubuntu web sites have stated that this is an effort to get Linux to the
> people. The attitude expressed in the suggestion that there should be
> little time taken with those who are beginning is an
> obvious contradiction.

If that's what you read, you need to go back and read it again.  I gave the
OP advice on how to fix his problem, when he then suggested that perhaps we
should all be more detailed in our responses I told him why I didn't think
that would work.  Nobody, certainly not me, said that little time or effort
should be offered to newbies. I certainly _did_ say that he should expect
to make some effort to help himself.  People who can't make an attempt to
quote properly (and resent being asked to - and we weren't even getting to
the top-post/bottom-post debate), who won't google to see what "lspci"
might mean, and then throw a snit when you won't bend over backwards for
them aren't likely to get much help

I put hours every day into helping people on these groups, and I resent the
statements from more than one person who hasn't done nearly as much that I
am not doing enough.
--
derek