Getting Audacity to work

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Sat Jul 21 11:14:52 UTC 2007

> Eureka you got it! This old Gateway motherboard (heaven only knows who made
> it) has onboard sound. I disabled it in the BIOS just now . . . now I don't
> have any sound LOL. DAMNIT! I didn't install a sound card on this machine.
> All this time I thought I had a sound card on this one. So I will need to
> buy one to make Auducity work, right? How embarrassing!!!! I have looked
> through all my spare parts but no sound card . . . well and old ISA board.
> I will have to get a cheap one and maybe Auducity will work. Tim

Actually the onboard sound of an intel ICH4 should work just find.
But, in terms of quality: yes, get a "real" card. Any old Soundblaster 64 PCI
from the junk market will do. If you need 5.1 or so, have a look at Terratec,
fairly good boards for a decent price.

You still haven't told me what version of Kubuntu?

--

http://www.stop1984.com
http://www.againsttcpa.com