Speeding up KDE -- More Help Needed

Robert Tilley tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jul 17 15:47:08 UTC 2007

Many of the tips on cleaning up memory were extremely helpful.

My Dell Dimension 2350 box has 512 MB.  KDE 3.5.6, KInfoCenter shows about
6.24 megs free at the moment.  Open apps are:  Konsole (1 tab), a dozen
Knotes, KInfoCenter (of course), Kate (14 files open), Konqueror (10 tabs),
Firefox (4 tabs open).

Closing Konqueror immediately freed about 45 MB.  Running Konqueror is almost
required for validation of web page design.

It's been mentioned that KDE 3.5.6 is worse for memory handling.  Perhaps I
should downgrade to Dapper?  My first choice would be to avoid buying another
half-meg memory.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bob
--
Release the DVDs: 45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2