sluggish performance

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Mon Jul 16 15:55:21 UTC 2007

I noticed Feisty draws a lot more CPU power than the Slackware 11 installation
I used before. For example, on Slack I forgot some VMs on desktop 2
occasionally because I simply didn't feel enough performance impact.
On the same machine (being an AthlonXP 3200+ with 1GB PC3200) a single Win XP
in VBox slows the computer to a crawl as if I disabled HD DMA or so. (No, DMA
is active.) I use the generic kernel instead of the 386.
Is there something special about Kubuntu I should know here?

Dex

--

http://www.stop1984.com
http://www.againsttcpa.com