NEED HELP

Macario Valle macariov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 01:47:24 UTC 2007

CTRL-ALT-F1 will get you to the current tty being used to launch
X-server at tty7.  That is why I suggested CTRL-ALT-F2, so he can login
to tty2.
I was using my lausy BB so i was very brief.  If he is able to login, we
know it has something to do with X, therefore the reason to run the X
reconfigure util.  If that still does not fix it, create another user to
rule out user space corruption, which I suspect would be the reason if
the previous troubleshooting did not succeed.

Sorry for being so obcure, i am not good a giving out reason, jsut
simple steps to do a quick fix, if the does not work, than we can do
some heavy lifting.