gtk2 fonts: still ugly

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at
Wed Jul 11 00:44:11 BST 2007

On Tuesday 10 July 2007, Derek Broughton wrote:
> It _was_ on topic.  I'm saying I think you'll see the problem go away if
> you stop overriding the calculated DPI.

I don't think so.  I use calculated dpi of 87x86 dpi, and my GTK and GTK2
fonts look like pure ass.  I really should try to fix that myself one of
these years, which is why I started reading this thread.  Unfortunately, I
have no suggestions, other than rewriting all the lame GTKx stuff to use QT
or KDE instead.  Right.  Just like that GTK2 version of Rosegarden everybody
has been asking for is going to happen.
D. Michael McIntyre