Booting problems with KDE ? Fixed :-)

Earl Violet ejviolet at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 17:00:41 UTC 2007

--- Jim MacLeod <trym.side at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Nigel Ridley wrote:
>
> > Got rid of the heavy stuff and now everything is OK :-) Thanks!
> >
> > BUT I only have a small hard drive 6GB so how can I have
> 'kubuntu-desktop'
> > (for future dist-upgrades) without Openoffice.org?
> >
> Kubuntu-desktop is a meta package, ie it depends on everything but
> doesn't
> HAVE to be installed. So just install the specific programmes you
> need as I
> do, even though space is not a problem for me. Don't see any point
> in
> having lots of installed progs I never use.
>
> > Blessings,
> >
> > Nigel
> >
> HTH
> Jim
I had the problem with disk space too. I removed the Kubuntu-desktop
and went to just plain KDE and added only OOWrite and OOCalc which
are the only parts of OO I use.
If you shutdown and reboot after daily, you might get by with less
swap and free up a little disk space that way for /.
Is your /home partition really larger than needs be?
Earl

URL http://deserthowler.cjb.net
Instant messenger: earlcoyote
ICQ:64033496