kmail losing emails... help pls!

Sat Jul 7 02:56:30 UTC 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007, Rick wrote:

I am not *telling* you anything, but blaming the program, and not the process
you used to backup and restore paints you as being...eh...not so smart?
Why not learn how to figure out problems and ask questions constructively,
instead of blaming the program?

First, you should try the command line copy, and make sure that you copy the
whole folder. Who knows if you drag and dropped everything, or perhaps you
didn't get the folders with the leading dot format? The point is, you did
zero research.

If you want to be thorough, and you should want that, create a new user and
copy the whole Mail dir from your backup to the new user's home directory,
chown -R and chmod -R all the files to the new user and then start up kmail
for that user. That will tell you about your structure.