wifi stick for 7.04?

manchicken manchicken at notsosoft.net
Thu Jul 5 04:42:02 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 04 July 2007 08:15:22 Dexter Filmore wrote:
> I sthere a usb wifi stick, that works from Feisty live out of the box?
> Had a customer's laptop here the other day with intel/centrino 2915, I only
> had to start the live dvd and hooray, wifi access without installing,
> ndiswrapping or whatever.
> I'd like to have a stick that gives me that for cases when I need to get
> a 'puter with broken windows or such to the wifi network.
>
> Dex
>

> --
>
> http://www.stop1984.com
> http://www.againsttcpa.com

I don't know of one that does work, but I do know that the Linksys wireless
dongles don't seem to work.  I've got the WUSB54GC for this win32 machine my
employer got for me, and I know for a fact that even after about 12 hours of
tinkering I couldn't find a way to connect with it.  It looks like it was
able to scan just fine, but for some reason it wouldn't connect.

--
~ manchicken <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer.