Fujitsu Laptop Issues

H.J.Bathoorn triade-lists at zeelandnet.nl
Wed Jan 31 16:45:27 UTC 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:45:08 -0800
Chris wrote:

> > Will keep you posted on progress, if any.
>
> Okey dokey.

Well I used an acpi enabled 2.4.33 kernel.
That way I can keep the CPU cool ..... but the moment speedstep chips in the laptop powers off ---bang!---

This happens on different levels of cpu usage so I'm fairly clueless at exactly where and how.
I'm presuming speedstep overrides my "battery" setting in the BIOS and un-throttles a step up because of the program that's running. It certainly isn't a temperature problem.

I'd at best like to turn off speedstep but am fairly clueless how. Changing/removing the states T1 and up in /proc/acpi/processor/CPU/throttling ???

Thought I'd ask for pointers before trying that.
--

Good luck,
HarM.