KDE 3.5.6 released w Kubuntu packages

Bry Paula Melvin brymelvin at melvinart.com
Mon Jan 29 21:36:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 18:39 +0000, Wulfy wrote:
> Perhaps that's true for non-MS products, but I never did get any
> MS-products from later to run on WinME, which was my last MS OS.
> They
> kept telling me I had to upgrade to WinXP, which I couldn't do
> because
> my computer at the time couldn't run XP...

guy's PLEASE kill this:  this isn't much above spam. for one, comparing
WINME (DOS based) with later (NT based) is apples and oranges.

FWIW the situation you are describing IS similar with most of the linux
distros business uses...changes are held 'till wider period releases.

ALSO part of WHAT has made win32 very vulnerable is the attempt to
maximize backwards compatibility. Linux distros don't have that problem
as much as the whole spectrum of apps IS fluid and pacing the core...but
has little backwards compatibility.

Lastly if you NEED and app it can be compiled or pay someone support to
do it.

If you don't NEED it just WANT it.... I'll quit here and let you figure
that out.

as far as all the bitching about LTS....I have had little difficulty
adding the items I NEED to do WORK from source. Should Ubuntu get too
aggressive adding bells and whistles to an LTS it WOULD make it pretty
much useless for business.

Consider we moved to Ubuntu from OS/2(with XFree86 added) and SuSE 8.2
about two years ago,,, to try and get the mindset of a business running
LTS.

Bryann