KDE 3.5.6 released w Kubuntu packages

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 19:12:21 UTC 2007

I put this in another thread but thought it could be of interest in this
as well. Originally this thread was about upgrades if I remember :-)

This quote is from Mepis site and might have some hints about upgrade
problems. The quote is about the their coming release. Mepis is
Dapper-based;
"Q. Why isn't KDE 3.5.5 included?
A. Starting with KDE 3.5.4 the KDE Project began changing the software
technology they use for media notification. For example, they now
require a newer version of libhal. That library is not compatible with
the MEPIS/Dapper packages. For our purposes, KDE 3.5.4 and KDE 3.5.5 are
unstable. If we updated to either of them, some functionality would be
broken."

Sinclair