ALSA and mpd

Jesús Roncero Franco golan at notreally.org
Sun Jan 28 01:24:48 UTC 2007

Hi all,
I am having some problems with my laptop setting up MPD (Music Player
Daemon) to play nicely with my existing configuration, running the last
release of kubuntu. Basically I cannot make mpd to play any song because I
am getting access errors like:
"Error opening alsa device "hw:0,0": Device or resource busy"
So far, what I have read points me to have dmix support enabled by having a
/etc/asound.conf, as it is said here:
http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Configuration#ALSA_dmix_Output

Thing is that it doesn't work, so I was just wondering if anyone here has
some insight about what I should be doing wrong or what should I do to get
this working nicely with KDE.
My laptop is an IBM z60m with this soundcard:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family)
High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)

Thanks

--
Jesús Roncero
http://notreally.org