"Key switches keyboard layout while pressed" -- how?

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sat Jan 27 04:35:06 GMT 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 6:15 pm, Derek Broughton wrote:

> > KDE.  I have no idea why.  As you say, the checkboxes are there; they
> > just don't work.
>
> Worked for me...

I've always wondered if it has something to do with my keyboard perchance.  I
have an old keyboard I've been typing on since 1991.  One of the original
Microsoft Natural keyboards, with all the keycaps worn down almost to nubs
and about 10,000,000 words on it.

I have a number of weird problems, and those KDE/xmodmap settings not working
are only part of the story.

I gave up trying to fix it years ago though, so I'm wondering out loud and not
asking anyone to waste time thinking of solutions I will ignore.  I'm used to
the screwy way things are after all this time.

--
D. Michael McIntyre