problems w/ kontact

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:49:34 UTC 2007

> So whenever I restart my computer, korgc starts running and my system will
> lock while it process, the hard drive light is constantly on, and things
> are super slow until I kill the processes of korgc or korgc crashes.  Once
> korgc crashes I am unable to launch programs and receive an error saying
> DCOP can't find klauncher.
> Any ideas on what  I can do to solve this problem?
Sorry, been having computer issues of me own.
I really have no magic bullet for you. It seems the problem has been
narrowed-down to korgc as well as that error:
>libkcal: ERROR: Can't read uid map file
>'/home/jjesse/.kde/share/apps/kcal/uidmaps/newexchange_4yGkxSLaOi'
I would go into ~/.kde/share/apps/kcal/uidmaps and look around. What are the
file permissions? Who are the owners? etc. Perhaps a little judicious
deleting will solve the problem.
Sorry that I can't be of more specific help. Perhaps others can give you more
of a clue.

/d