Why is updating so slow?

Homer fsunoles at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 15:16:44 UTC 2007

Thanks for the comments.  One thing I'm sure of it is not the
connection at my end.  Government lab with connections to the abilene
backbone.  I wish I could choose my mirror with (K)ubuntu like I do on
all my Debian installs.  With Debian I can pick a close university or
gov lab on the Abilene network and the connection is always amazing.
With (K)ubuntu you get what you get.  Maybe I'm wrong on this though,
as I can't claim to have done an exhaustive search on ubuntu mirrors.