Howto change the different hibernate/suspend functions selectable at logout and in KLaptop

Stefan Krüger skrueger at gmx.net
Fri Jan 19 11:41:28 UTC 2007

Hello

I am using Kubunut Edgy, with suspend2-kernel. I have scripts that make the
computer suspends to disk fine. /usr/bin/hibernate-disk. Now i have two
questions...

It IS possible tell KLaptop to execute this command on a critical battery
state, by filling the "execute command"-field.
BUT, when i mouseclick the KLaptop-icon and choose hibernate, it executes
something that doesn't work... has anyone got an idea where to change this
behaviour?!

Secondly, when i press Alt-Crtl-Delete, i get a KDE logout, reboot, suspend or
hibernate selection with a nice gray faded background. The buttons on this
menu also use the wrong methods to hibernate.. .Anyone knows where to change
that?!

Just for info:
Programs s2ram and s2disk don't work on my Thinkpad z61m... maybe i should
delete them and link them to hibernate-disk... sounds like a pretty dirty
thing to do :-(

Thank you very much

Stefan Krüger