Can't start X, I am having a read-only filesystem problem.

OOzy Pal oozypal at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 06:47:16 UTC 2007

On 1/18/07, Art Alexion <art.alexion at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 January 2007 16:38, OOzy Pal wrote:
> > I Can't start X, I am having a read-only filesystem problem.
>
> Read-only fs problems are usually the result of fs corruption.  Try booting
> from a live CD and running fsck on the X11 partition.

> Art Alexion
>
> PGP fingerprint: 52A4 B10C AA73 096F A661  92D2 3B65 8EAC ACC5 BA7A
> Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
> The attachment - signature.asc - is my electronic signature; no need for
> alarm.  Info @
> http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

I did reboot from a Live CD, It goes through a lot checks and it dumps
many chars/numbers then it says there are still errors.

But it solved (stupidetly) since I have an 80GB hard and it getting
full, I took this chance and I bought a 250GB and I installed it. Then
reinstalled Kubuntu. I have backup of everything even the hidden files
in my home directory. Plus I mounted my old 80GB and I can see all my
files.

Any how thank you all.

--
OOzy